Tundra’s first blog tour came and went last week! We would like to give a HUGE round of applause to all the participating bloggers and readers who left comments. Thank you for being so accomodating in hosting a stop for Trilby Kent. Thanks again to the amazing team at Open Book: Toronto for kicking off with the first stop and for posting “Where is Trilby Kent Today?” for tour followers.
We would also like to use this chance to thank some of the people behind-the-scenes! Kathryn Cole for editing Medina Hill and Kelly Hill for the fantastic cover and design. There’s also Production, Rights, Marketing, Special Sales… Go Team!
Here is a quick round-up about Trilby Kent’s debut novel, Medina Hill:
- “…fun and eccentric but completely believable.” – Carrie Anne, Another day, another thought… or two
- “…captivating tale…” – Lauren, Lauren’s Crammed Bookshelf
- “…intriguing plot and interesting characters.” – Melanie, Melanie’s Musings
- “…looking forward to reading more by Trilby in the future.” – Cindy, Cindy’s Love of Books
- “After reading Medina Hill, I’ll certainly be on the look out for whatever Trilby writes next. The main reason? Originality.” – Kerry, Shelf Elf
- “It’s incredibly heart-warming…. ” – Carrie, Carrie’s YA Bookshelf
- “I love a book that references other books or major historical characters as a main plot point… I think that was the book’s major success.” – Janssen, Everyday Reading
- “…a satisfying, refreshing, unique tale…” – Khy, Frenetic Reader
- “…a glorious read, full of warmth and extraordinary, vibrant characters.” – Eve, Vulpes Libris
- “…well-researched and interesting…. A clever, richly texture book, both for modern children and traditionalists like me” – Sally, An Awfully Big Blog Adventure
- “Medina Hill is a clever debut novel that will appeal to fans of historical fiction….” – Jenny, Wondrous Reads
- “This book is full of warm, well constructed characters…” – Luisa, Chicklish
With permission from Morgan at Books and Literature for Teens, here is the book trailer she created for Medina Hill:
A Note from Trilby Kent: I’m not sure that I’d have anything to add, other than to extend very sincere thanks to all the bloggers for taking part. Overall, the response seems to have been really positive, which is great!