Will you be attending the 2010 OLA Super Conference? The conference will be taking place on February 24-27, 2010 in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Tundra will be at booth #720 to tell you about our new and upcoming books! You can also come by to pick up our catalogues, posters, postcards, and bookmarks.
We are also hosting author signings at our booth! Be sure to line-up early, the first 50 people will receive a complimentary copy (finished books, unless noted otherwise). The only catch is… you have to meet the author! Not bad at all…
Thursday, February 25, 2010:
- 10:30am – Heather Hartt-Sussman will be signing finished copies of Nana’s Getting Married
- 11am – Ann Love will be signing finished copies of Talking Tails: The Incredible Connection Between People and Their Pets
- 11:30am – Monica Kulling will be signing F&Gs of All Aboard!
- 12:15pm – Shane Peacock will be signing ARCs of Death in the Air
- 1pm – Laura Beingessner will be signing finished copies of Sail Away with Me
- 2pm – Richard Scrimger will be signing finished copies of Me & Death
- 3pm – Theo Caldwell will be signing finished copies of Finn the half-Great
Friday, February 26, 2010:
- 10:30am – Marla Stewart Konrad will be signing finished copies of Grand and I Like to Play
- 1pm – Rona Arato will be signing finished copies of Mrs. Kaputnik’s Pool Hall and Matzo Ball Emporium
- 2pm – J. Torres will be signing chapbooks of Alison Dare, The Heart of the Maiden
Also, be sure to check out Session #1229:
Read Fresh: Why we need Canadian books
Kathy Lowinger, Past Publisher, Tundra Books
For years hardly a single children’s book was published in Canada. Now we have a rich, diverse body of literature to call our own, but we may lose this hard-won national treasure. Why should we care? What should we do? And what are the must-have Canadian books for every library?