This year, the 2010 Clean Air Commute takes place during June 14-18. For that week, try biking, walking, telecommuting, taking public transit, driving a hybrid, carpooling, or even just giving your car a tune-up. Who knows? You might discover a more enjoyable way of commuting.
- Did you know? Ann Love, is one of the founding members of Pollution Probe!
- Did you know? One of Pollution Probe’s first big campaigns was directed at phosphate pollution.
I was in WWF today and noticed they have an interesting campaign add-on to the Clean Air Commute. WWF is encouraging people to pin a car-key on their shirts as a way of pointing out that their choice to cycle or walk is a deliberate alternative to driving. Either you or your parents could do that – choose a sturdy fabric and a strong safety pin to attach the key prominently to the front of your shirt or jacket. So, you do a good thing for the environment and you make the point so that others will think about walking or cycling too… – Ann Love
- Issues concerning cyclists vs. bikers covered in Cyclist BikeList – Mike Marino, The Florida Times-Union/Jacksonville.com
- Book hits just the right gear – Paul Jankowsky, Owen Sound Sun Times
- The Bicycle Nut with Laura Robinson discussion Cyclist BikeList – Jerry, The Bicycle Nut
For more information on the Clean Air Commute or to register your workplace, please visit their website: www.cleanaircommute.ca