These spooky tunes are best sung out loud! Give it a try. Then visit our #12DaysOfHalloween page every day to see if it’s a trick day (no book giveaway) or treat day (book giveaway):
On the first day of Halloween my true love gave to me, a Mary Shelley biography!
On the second day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one silly story
On the third day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one family curse
On the fourth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one YA horror
On the fifth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one evil tree
On the sixth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one spooky painting
On the seventh day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one historical fable
On the eighth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one guide to ghost care
On the ninth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, Victorian monster hunters
On the tenth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, four demon slayers
On the eleventh day of Halloween my true love gave to me one magical painter
On the twelfth day of Halloween my true love gave to me, one epic quest
We hope you enjoyed singing along. Now go enter our contest on the days there are giveaways!
Our queen of spooky middle grade, Charis Cotter, released a new book this fall called The Ghost Road and some of our bloggers participated in a blog tour! Check out what they had to say below and pick up a copy of the book if you’re looking for something to get you in the Halloween spirit.
- Lisa @ remarkablylisa said “Charis Cotter has a way with words that made it a perfect blend of middle grade and young adult level of writing.”
- Jessica @ Vellichors suggested it as a “book to give you the chills and get you ready for Hallowe’en, but still make you feel warm fuzzies.”
- Heather @ Krimsuun Pages liked that “Charis Cotter has a way of describing the environment around the characters that is both eerie and beautiful.”
- Stephanie @ A Dream Within a Dream called it “a fantastic new addition to the middle grade paranormal genre.”
- Katelin @ Pretty Little Library loved “the detailed family history, and the villainous curse that followed the members for generations was a great mystery.”
- Cindy @ Cindy’s Love of Books was “pleasantly surprised” and “instantly sucked in.”
- Amanda @ Brains, Books, and Brawn said that the characters and “lively” and “feel as if they could actually be real.”
- Zoë @ Writing Whimsy thought the setting was “a charming introduction to Newfoundland in the 1970s.”
Such great reviews! If you’re looking for a Halloween book, look no further than The Ghost Road.
The Ghost Road
Written by Charis Cotter
Hardcover | 368 Pages
For the first time, Ruth is heading to Newfoundland to stay with family she’s never met instead of spending the summer traveling with her dad. When she arrives, she finds life in the small community of Buckle very different from Toronto–everyone knows everyone else, and some of them believe in ghosts and The Sight and family curses. Ruth’s cousin Ruby is also staying for the summer, and the two discover they have a lot in common: they both lost their moms when they were two years old, they’re the same age and they even like the same food. But while Ruby believes in spirits and fairies, Ruth believes in science and cold, hard facts.
When they find ominous information on some tombstones in the local cemetery, Ruth and Ruby start investigating their family’s past and discover that twin girls are born in every generation, and every set of twins dies young, leaving their children without mothers. What’s more, one of the twins always has The Sight and can see the Ghost Road that leads to the mysterious lost settlement of Slippers Cove. What happened there? What does it have to do with their family? And who is the ghostly presence that keeps visiting Ruth late at night?
The answers lie somewhere along the Ghost Road . . . if they can only find it.
Last month, we put out a call for reps who were interested in our Winter is a Scream campaign. They provided some spooktacular photos, so we wanted to take a minute to thank these ghouls for showcasing our beautiful books!
Michelle @ the.book.report
Stephanie @ storytimewithstephanie
Nicole @ bekindreread (formerly ifyougiveakidabook)
Ashley/Courtney/Kim @ storymamas
Kathie @ the_neverending_stack
Shelly @ the_view_from_where_i_am
Nichole @ nicholemers
Sarah @ thewanderingrumpus
The Painting – Charis Cotter
The Strange and Deadly Portraits of Bryony Gray – E. Latimer
The Dark Missions of Edgar Brim and Monster – Shane Peacock
Seven Dead Pirates – Linda Bailey
Don’t these books look frighteningly fine together?
At Tundra Books we think the dead of winter is the best time to curl up with a bone-chilling read and a cup of something warm (and delicious)! We’re looking for 10 people with Instagram accounts to take part in our #WinterIsAScream campaign, featuring some of our spooky middle grade titles.
Here is how you can enter:
- You must be following @TundraBooks on Instagram.
- You must be a resident of Canada or the United States of America.
- Your Instagram account must be public.
- You must be 18 years of age or have parental permission.
- Entries will be accepted until January 29th, 2018.
Upon being selected, you will be receiving five recently published Tundra books appropriate for readers ages 10+ – along with some other special treats and goodies. You will have to post at least 3 times between February 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2018, featuring the books sent to you. Please tag @TundraBooks immediately followed by the hashtag #partner and #ad or #sponsored in your photos in addition to #WinterIsAScream. Please make sure that the disclosure occurs before the “expand” or “more” button in the caption. The partnership cannot be buried after. If you post a video, please include “Sponsored by Tundra Books” within the video itself either verbally or through text on the screen.
Sign-up form is now closed. Thank you for those who expressed interest in participating. We will be contacting the chosen reps.
Please join Charis Cotter at the S.P.A.C.E. for the launch of her latest novel, The Painting.
When: Friday, September 22, 2017
Time: 7:30 pm
Where: The S.P.A.C.E.
Address: 72 Harbour Drive, St. John’s, NL A1C 1B1